We’re pleased to announce that we’ll be restarting taekwondo classes on Wednesday 2nd September!
Classes will look very different from before the pandemic, so please read the updated Implementation Plan so that you know what to expect.
Some of the main changes include:
- Maximum of 8 students per class
- All activities will be non-contact and students will be distanced by 2 metres
- Classes must be booked and paid for online (first come, first served)
- Class fees will increase to £4.00 per hour
- No parents/guardians or spectators may enter the building (unfortunately, the back room will be unavailable)
- The Saturday class timetable will change to include a Junior class, Senior class, Red & Black Belt class, and an hour-long online session
- Coaches will carry out thorough cleaning of training areas and corridors/surfaces. Hand sanitiser will be available for students’ use on entry/exit
- No new students accepted until further notice.
We realise that some of these measures are not ideal, but we hope you’ll understand that it’s the best we can do at the moment. We’ll keep government guidance under review, and let you know if we’re able to ease any of the restrictions.
Classes will be available to book online in the next few weeks. Students will be sent an email alert once bookings are open. We’ll also check for expired licences and get in touch with you if you need to renew (your licence should be valid before you book a class).
We look forward to seeing you all in a few weeks’ time (we still have certificates and belts for those who did the grading way back in March!). In the meantime, try to work on your fitness and go over your patterns; it will make the shock of returning to training a little easier! 🙂
You can also continue to join us on Saturday mornings throughout August for our free Zoom sessions (check your email for details!).
Please get in touch if you have any questions. See you soon!